Monday 16 April 2012

Everyday Make-Up

Hi everyone!

I wasn't going to do this post until later in the week, but I've hit a wall with my essay, and have reached procrastination station, so I may as well post it tonight. It's just a quick post to show you the stuff I use on my face everyday. To me it looks like a lot of stuff, but it doesn't take me long to put it all on in the morning.

Top Row L-R: MAC eyeshadows in Satin Taupe and Naked Lunch, Benefit Powderazzi, Vivo Eyebrow Kit.
Middle Row L-R: MAC Mineralise Skin Finish Natural in Light/Medium, Topshop Cream Blush in Head Over Heels, MAC Pearl CCB, Maybelline Gel Eyeliner in Black.
Bottom Row L-R: Real Techniques Buffing and Contour Brushes, Ecotools Angled Brush, Cosmopolitan Foundation Brush, Revlon Angled Brush, Eyeshadow Brushes, Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum, Collection 2000 concealer.
I realise I haven't photographed a mascara, I like the Loreal Voluminous.

Bourjois Healthy Mix - shade 51 Light Vanilla
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer - shade Fair

I'm really pale, so struggle to find a foundation that matches my skin which doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I've been matched at Clinique but can't bring myself to spend over £20 on a foundation. I've seen this Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation all over blogs so decided to give it a go. I have the lightest shade and have been using it for a couple of months. I really like it! It doesn't make my face look like a mask and lets my freckles come through. The only complaint I have with it is that it's slightly yellow, but it isn't noticeable once it's all blended in; it's really cheap too, about £11. I apply it using the Real Techniques Buffing Brush which I love! It's so soft.
I use the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer in the lightest shade under my eyes and it's really nice. It doesn't crease or wear off and is easy to blend in. No complaints! I either apply it with my ring finger or blend it in with a brush. It's a complete bargain at under a fiver!


My fail-safe eyeshadow pairing is Naked Lunch and Satin Taupe. I wear Naked Lunch all over my eyelids and then apply Sating Taupe along the crease of the eye. It just looks pretty. I like slightly shimmery (not glittery though) eyeshadows. Satin Taupe photographed slightly browner than how it comes out on my skin, it definitely has a purple tone in it. It's just really pretty. MAC eyeshadows aren't something I buy on a regular basis, coming in at £10 a pop for the pan version. I bought a palette, which has a few shadows in so I buy the pans. They are great quality, but I just think MAC's pricing, on the whole, is ridiculous.

 MAC Mineralise Skin Finish Natural in Light/Medium
MAC Cream Colour Base in Pearl

I bought the MSF Natural in my first year of uni, so I've had it well over a year. I can't remember how much I paid for it, I think around £21, which is ridiculous. I'm not even sure why I bought it. It's a powder for goodness sake, but it is a good powder. I've only started using this daily over the past few months. I think this shade is slightly dark for me, as I wasn't matched properly. The girl at MAC was rude when I asked her to match me, she took one look at me and shoved this in my hands. I think I was interrupting her conversation. Anyway, it's a good powder, but I'm sure there are better ones that are cheaper, I won't buy it again. I dust this all over my face to set my foundation and concealer.

I then apply Topshop Cream Blush in Head Over Heels next (not sure why I haven't photographed it) to my cheeks using the Real Techniques Contour Brush. It's just a nice light pinky coral colour. I also apply Hoola from the Powderazzi palette under my cheekbones with the Cosmopolitan foundation brush to contour.
The Cream Colour Base is a recent buy, well I got it with a gift voucher my best friend got my for my birthday. It's not something I would buy with my own money, but it is lovely. It isn't a necessity and I don't use it everyday but when I do, I pop it on the tops of my cheekbones using my finger tips. It's a lovely light goldy highlighter. 


Last, but not least, I apply gel eyeliner using the Revlon angled brush. I like to do eyeliner with a flick and find the angled brush the easiest and quickest way. I think this eyeliner is about £8 and is so black, doesn't smudge and is generally just perfect.
I use the colour in the far right of the Vivo palette to fill my eyebrows in. I don't spend ages on my eyebrows, literally just go over my natural shade and then set them with the gel included in the kit. This was a bargain at a £5 and is available in Tesco.
I haven't photographed a mascara (I forgot), but I like to use the Loreal Voluminous, which is about £10 and just makes my eyelashes look really thick. My eyelashes are quite long naturally (I get asked if I'm wearing falsies quite a lot), so I just like a mascara to make them look thicker.

That's everything! A bit of a ramble, but there you go I decided to keep my face out of the post haha).

What are your go-to make-up products? Do you use any that I use, what do you think?
Also, would you like to see more beauty(ish) related posts? Let me know!

Thanks for reading x

6 comments:

  1. Just discovered your blog, now following :)

    I've been meaning to try out that Bourjous Healthy Mix Foundation for a while now! I struggle to match my foundations properly too. May have to give it a go.

    You've taken some great quality photo's of the makeup.

    I've only recently started blogging too. Hope you will take a look and maybe follow :)

    www.laurasallmadeup.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thank you for the comment! I'm glad you think my photos are of a decent quality, I wasn't sure! I'll definitely take a look at your blog :)

    Thanks,
    Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also struggle to find foundation, i've only recently bought my first one!
    I really love the look of MAC makeup, the powder sound's really good, i'll definitely be checking it out!
    I hope your essay goes well!
    Love Charlie, xoxo.
    www.charlestownvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The powder is really good! I just think it's a tad expensive. The essay was fine, rushed but fine haha.
    Thank you :)
    Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now following your blog! :)

    Thinking of trying the foundation! It sounds lovely!
    Have a good day!

    http://gigglesandmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

 
DESIGNED WITH LOVE: Noir Nouvelle Designs