Driving back to Manchester
Lent is over - first bag of Skittles
Maya Angelou autobiography (see previous post)
All alone in the office
- I'm writing this post from my room in Manchester! I've been a bit down recently, missing Manchester and getting bored of being home, so seeing as I have an essay due in on Tuesday (eek!) I decided to come home and stay for a few days. I'm so happy to be back. Lydia also comes back on Tuesday, it'll be so good to see her again!
- I finished my work experience at The Press on Wednesday. It was good fun, but definitely cemented that I do not want to work in journalism. I spent my time writing up small pieces, and as fun as it was for the three days I was there, and even though the team were amazing, I can't imagine doing it full time. It's spurred me on into applying for internships though; I heard back from one place, where I had to do a test, but I don't think I've got it.
- I've been working more at Ikea too, so I can build up my savings over the Summer, seeing as I currently have £0 in a savings account, which isn't good. I've been there for near enough 4 years and it is really grating. I know I complain about it all the time, and I'm lucky to have a job that is so accommodating, but I just want to concentrate on uni now.
- Tomorrow is a day full of essay planning and writing. Abbey is going to come pick me up and take me to Asda once she's finished uni, which I'm sure will be a welcome break. Tonight I'm waiting for my chips to cook, and am going to settle down in bed with a book, catch up on blogs and have an early night. We're also going shopping into town on Wednesday to try and find outfits for her birthday night out in a couple of weeks. Agh I love Manchester. (#mancophile ?)
- This week I'm going to brave it and do an 'everyday make-up' post, possibly with my mug in it. Maybe. If I feel brave enough. I'm also going to try and review Wicked seeing as I should finish that tonight, so that should be up after my essay has been handed in.