Friday 22 June 2012

Severe lack of people skills.

image source - google


I want to apologise for not posting much this week. In stark contrast to my previous post (oh the irony) this isn't going to be an overly happy one. My week has been crap, and I want to write about it.


The beginning of the week wasn't too bad really, but it has gone downhill. Yesterday I found out that I have been removed from the magazine team I was working on. Now, this would not be an issue if I had personally done anything wrong, but I haven't so I am, understandably, annoyed and hurt.


The issue is that the (now ex) editor has apparently decided to leave the magazine, but didn't tell anyone and has not been responding to emails, which is slightly immature and unfair on the team to say the least. However, he also helped me get some work experience at romania-insider, where I have been writing articles for the past few weeks. The founder of the magazine was not happy with this fact as he felt that he did not want any further connection to the (ex) editor. I was stuck in the middle, although I explained I do not have contact with the (ex) editor when working at romania-insider, and even if I did, I would not compromise the magazine in any way, shape or form and it has no relevance to anything at the website. He tried to make me choose between working at the magazine and continuing my work experience at romania-insider. Now, I would have an issue stopping my work experience, however it has proven to be extremely valuable experience to me and I hope to continue working there until I start back at university in September.


Unhappy with the fact I would not choose between the two, the founder of the magazine decided it would be best for me to leave. Even though I have done absolutely nothing wrong. I got caught in the middle. The founder continued to call the (ex) editor a 'shady character', which, in my opinion, is over dramatic, he just behaved unfairly, so I understand why the founder is angry.


But like I said, I have done nothing wrong in this situation. Many angry emails were sent by me and all I got was the same response - a ramble about what the editor did, nothing about my own personal actions.


I feel I was treated appallingly, and have had to miss out on what could be a wonderful project to be a part of. I wish the rest of the team well and hope it is successful, but if the creator carries on treating people the way he has been, because he doesn't like the way they work/express themselves, especially when, like me, they did nothing wrong, I can only predict a bleak future.


I do apologise for the rant, it has been a tough week and I am still upset. Please let me know what you think, even if you think I'm overreacting. I am still angry and extremely upset.


I hope your weeks are a bit better than mine, I promise to resume normal posting soon!


Thanks for reading x

4 comments:

  1. I don't think you are over reacting at all. In fact I would have reacted far more aggressively in the same situation. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stood up for myself, but it got to the point where I was hitting my head against a wall. He couldn't see past the end of his nose. I just feel really angry and disappointed. His loss I guess :( xx

      Delete
  2. That's ridiculous! I have also had a crap week (and also pretty much due to work issues) I hope you feel happier soon!

    L x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it. He follows me on twitter, saw this post and spent the entirety of yesterday sending me abusive emails. Worst week! I hope you feel better soon too! xx

      Delete

 
DESIGNED WITH LOVE: Noir Nouvelle Designs