Wednesday 2 January 2013

January

(Apologies for the photo quality - I left my camera in Manchester and this was taken on my phone)

Rather than doing my highstreet picks for the monthly post, I thought I'd share with you the diaries I plan on filling throughout 2013.

I was gifted three journals for Christmas (L-R): My friend gave me this journal, which has a day-to-page layout, which makes it perfect for jotting down thoughts, lists and other things. I haven't ever managed to keep a journal for an entire year and I'm hoping that 2013 will be the year I change this.
I believe this journal was from Paperchase.

The middle diary is a planner that my boyfriend bought me (chose it all by himself too, it is absolutely stunning). This photo doesn't do it any justice, it is by Paperblanks - link here - and it called the Soul and Tears journal. I plan on using this as my day-to-day diary, to note down deadlines and appointments etc. I have already inputted all of my university deadlines and student loan dates; I can't seem to put it down! It also has monthly planners, a list of every single feast day/holiday, sections in the back for journey planning and notes, and even has a miniature address book. Possibly the best diary I have owned.

The last journal was a gift from my sister. It is a five year journal where you are given enough space to write one or two sentences to summarise each day. I thought it was a lovely way of documenting memories and will be lovely to read back in a few years time. I just hope I keep up to it! It is absolutely beautiful with the turquoise cover and gold edging to the pages, plus it is small enough to put in your handbag every day. It's a available on Amazon here.


December playlist:
Call Your Girlfriend - Erato
Your Nickel Ain't Worth My Dime - Sleeping with Sirens
An Honourable Reign - Bury Tomorrow
For Emma - Bon Iver

8 comments:

  1. i love the idea of the five year journal! i want one! although they're all lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it! So pleased my sister got it for me, I just hope I keep up to it! x

      Delete
  2. i ordered the one line a day one the other day, i hope i manage to stick to it too!

    Laila x
    thekittenswhiskers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! Diaries can be so pretty. No-one is allowed to write in mine but me! I can't stand it when people ruin my neat notes! I've bought a new filofax (again) as I like the practicality but your diaries are lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely :) I've been toying with the idea of a filofax for a while, but there just seems like too much 'stuff' for what I use a diary for, plus they seem pricey.
      If anybody wrote in my diary I'd be so mad aha! I hate it when I mess up my notes, I'm not about to let anyone else do it for me haha!
      xx

      Delete
  4. I'm such a journal girl too! I've always loved writing in diaries and books. I don't think I would ever be without one xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always failed at keeping one, but I'm going strong so far! I really want some documentation to read back in a few years' time xxx

      Delete

 
DESIGNED WITH LOVE: Noir Nouvelle Designs